Thursday 28 July 2011

Baroque Cuppie...

Well I majored in Interior Architecture 7 years ago. I remembered when my lecturer mentioned the word 'Baroque and Rococo'. I could not pronounce it well at that time. Although I slept in class most of the time, I am amazed on how I could somehow remembered the word BAROQUE! So one fine day, went to my lecturer to pass my artwork when I asked (and I regretted doing so). "What's Baroque?". He looked at me and replied "Baroque my dear is everything. Stop sleeping and open up your book". 

So I did, reluctantly...and I fell in love.....for the first time...



Although this is not 100% of a Baroque design, I still place it in the same category as most of the hand drawn lines represented Baroque architectural age...


For those of you who are wondering what's BAROQUE, I'm not going to be as mean as my lecturer and I'm going to save you some time on Google (don't hate me Google :P )


BAROQUE: Baroque architecture is a term used to describe the building style of the Baroque era, begun in late sixteenth century Italy, that took the humanist Roman vocabulary of Renaissance architecture and used it in a new rhetorical and theatrical fashion, often to express the triumph of the Catholic Church and the absolutist state. It was characterized by new explorations of form, light and shadow and dramatic intensity ( got that from Google too ha ha).

No comments:

Post a Comment